Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03 – Bimatoprost ophthalmic only use to reduce pressure in the eyes in adults with glaucoma, high pressure in the eye, and the management of ocular hypertension. Also, this ophthalmic solution used for improving the fullness, length, and color of the eyelashes in people with a similar to a natural chemical in the body called hypotrichosis. If you’re already using bimatoprost to treat glaucoma then take care to not get this eyelash medication into your eyes. Getting extra drops of bimatoprost in your eyes may make it less efficient for treating glaucoma. Ask your doctor for more details.
Table of Contents
How to use Bimatoprost ophthalmic:
When you apply for this medicine first follow all the instructions on the medicine label provided by your doctor. Use this ophthalmic solution once daily in the evening or as directed by your doctor. To apply this medicine wash your hand with any soap and handwash. To avoid containment try to don’t touch your dropper tip with your eyes lashes or other surfaces. Remove your contact lenses and place one drop of medicine into the provider applicator. Then directly draw the applicator carefully across the skin of the upper eyelid margin at the rock bottom of the eyelashes going from the inner part of your lash line to the outer part. Blot any excess solution that’s applied beyond the eyelid margin.
Throw away the applicator after applying the medication. Repeat with a replacement applicator for the opposite upper eyelid. This medication isn’t to be used on the lower eyelids. After applying this medicine throw away the applicator. Repeat the applicator for the other upper eyelid and don’t use this for the lower eyelid. After applying the medicine try to do not to rinse your eye. It may cause serval damage if this medicine gets into your eyes. Use this medicine daily basis to get more benefits from it. Don’t use it more it will not work faster. It takes more than 2 months before showing the full benefit of this medicine.
Don’t rinse your dropper or try to keep the cap tight and store it at room temperature. The effects between your two sets of eyelashes may be different. It may be the difference in length, thickness, fullness, color, direction, growth of eyelashes.
Side effects of Bimatoprost:
There are some side effects of this medicine, if you show any of these side effects then don’t need to tremble. Just apply them on a daily basis as the doctor prescribed.
- Redness/ stinging/ irritation in the eye
- Feel something in your eyes
- Dry/ watering eyes
- Temporarly unstable visssion
If you show any of these side effects after using bimatoprost then immediately tell your doctor.
- Vission Changes
- Swelling or redness of the eyelids
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Conjunctival hyperemia
- Rash on eyelids and around eyes
- Skin discoloration around eyes
There are some general precaution should you take while using this medicine:
- This medicine should not be applied to the lower eyelid
- Hair growth can occur in areas of skin that you use bimatoprost
- Your applicator should be disposed of after one use
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with active intraocular inflammation
- Remove your contact lenses while applying for this medicine
Some major precaution should you take during applying bimatoprost:
- Allergy: Before applying this ophthalmic solution tell your doctor or physician if you have any kind of allergy with this medicine or other medicine. Because the active ingredients of the medicine are not suitable for everyone. Whenever you take medicine tell your medical history to your doctor. So, the doctor knows which kind of medicine is suitable for you.
- Driving: After applying this medicine don’t try to drive any vehicle because when you use bimatoprost into your eyes then the eyes are temporarily blurring and you feel dizzy. It may cause a major accident. Also, don’t try any other activity in which require a sustainable vision.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy applying this medicine is unsafe. According to limited studies, this ophthalmic solution is shown harmful effects on the developing baby. So, when you take this medicine first tell your doctor about your medical condition.
- Breast Feeding: It is unrevealed if this medicine passes into breast milk. Attention should be applied when bimatoprost is administered to a nursing woman. Consult your doctor if you are fed your child with breast milk.
Your doctor is aware of it if you start, stop, or change the dosage of this medicine either it may occur interaction. After using any other medicine with them is also may occur interaction so, when you start other medicines tell it about to your doctor. If you are using alcohol and tobacco while applying for this medicine then it may occur interaction. Your food also interacts with your medicine. This is not the full list of interactions before applying this medicine tell your doctor about the list of medicine you use.
The recommended dosage of this medicine is once daily in the evening and that affected to eyes. Try to don’t miss your drop or if you miss the drop apply it as soon as possible. Don’t overdose on this medicine, in case you overdose on this medicine instant wash your eye and then consult your doctor.
May our information is helpful for your searches. For more information on any ophthalmic solution or eye drops feel free to contacts us to fill the contact form from the official website.