Ganciclovir Ophthalmic Gel – Ganicilovir is an antiviral drug that helps to slow down the growth of the cytomegalovirus. This medicine only uses for the eyes to treat certain viral infections affecting the eyes. This infection ordinarily transpires in patients who have overcome immune systems for patients with AIDS and organ transplant patients. This medicine is only available in brand names like ZIRGAN and Vitrasert. The ganciclovir ophthalmic is contained 0.15% sterile. Also, this medicine helps to treat eye ulcers affected by the herpes simplex virus. This medicine is not working for other types of eye infections, if you use may it cause serval infections. Use this gel only for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
How to Use Ganciclovir Ophthalmic Gel:
When you apply this ophthalmic gel follow all instructions on the prescription label. And then wash your hand after applying it. To avoid contamination, don’t try to touch the tip of the dropper or let it touch your eye or any other facade. After that tilt your head slightly downward and pull your lower eyelid down to form a pocket. Hold your ophthalmic dropper directly over your eye and squeeze the prescribed number of drops into your pocket. Look downward and put your finger at the corner of your eye that helps to block drainage. After apply close your eyes for 2-3 minutes. After use, this may medicine your vision is blurred for a few minutes. Don’t try to blink or rub your eyes. If you want to use this gel for your second eye then follow all these steps.
Try to follow a full course that is prescribed also if you believe that your condition is better and don’t try to skip any dose. Don’t use this medicine in large amounts that may cause you a serval eye infection. Use this ophthalmic gel 5 times each day until your eye ulcer heals. Store the medicine at room temperature away from moisture and heat and keep your gel cap tight and close.
Side Effects of Ganciclovir Ophthalmic Gel:
In the below list, there are some side effects of this medicine. In case you show any of these side-effects direct consult your doctor.
- Itching on your eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Problems with peripheral (side) vision
- White patches on your eyes
- Crusting of your eyes
- Sudden vision loss
- Mild eye irritation
- Increasing eye tear
- Severe burning and redness from eyes
- Seeing flashes of light
When you use this medicine interaction is not expected. Sometimes medicine ingredients are not suitable for health if you use this gel and show any side effects then directly call your doctor. If you are facing any kind of allergy during using medicine then tell your doctor. Share all information about your medical history and all medications you use. Also, tell your doctor if you are using alcohol and tobacco during using medicine it’s may occur to interaction. Do not start, stop, or reduce the dosage of this medicine without informing your doctor. May your food also occur interaction then tell your doctor about what you eat daily and fix the best time for using the medicine. Do not start any new medication without notifying your physician.
Your doctor need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- contact lens wearer – If you use a medicine, you should not wear contact lenses if they have signs or symptoms of herpetic keratitis or while the course of therapy with ganciclovir ophthalmic gel.
- Allergic reaction – Tell your doctor if you are allergic to ganciclovir, acyclovir, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives. Because some products may include inactive ingredients that can cause you several allergic reactions or other health problems.
- Pregnant or trying to get pregnant – During pregnancy, this medication should be used only if you have clearly needed it. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor
- Breast-feeding – If you breastfeeding your child and using ganciclovir ophthalmic gel then directly communicate with your doctor because we don’t know if the medication ingredients pass into breast milk. It may cause serval diseases to nourishing baby.
If you are facing any disease-related eye then try to wear sunglasses to avoid incandescent light because it may help reduce the trouble. After using this medicine try to not drive any vehicle and don’t use any kind of machine because after using this medicine your vision temporarily blurred.
In case you miss your dose try to use it as soon as you can. If the time to next drop of your medicine then doesn’t overuse it. If you overdose and have serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble to breathe then consult your doctor immediately.
Use this one drop of this medicine in the affected eye 5 times a day (with the gap of three hours in every drop) until the corneal ulcer recovers, and the next 1 drop 3 times a day to 7 days.
May this article is useful for your searches and you gain information about this ophthalmic gel. In any case, you need to know any other information about ophthalmic products then feel free to contact us or fill the contact form from our official website.